Yes, you heard that correctly! Chocolate covered strawberries for breakfast! What if I told you it was healthy too! No really, it is. And it’s super easy for those of you who are like me and don’t really wake up in the morning.
This is a reason to wake up though! I promise you. Sweet, velvety chocolate. The tang from a nice piece of fresh strawberry. Not to mention, you’re getting amazing amounts of protein and omegas from the chia seeds. Did you know chia seeds are also great at reducing sugar bursts and blood pressure changes? These little powerhouses are great!
If you’re vegan or dairy free, just use your favorite non-dairy yogurt and milk. It will still work the same, I promise!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (not instant and not steel cut!)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I use plain or vanilla flavored)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds (find at your local health food store)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1 small handful of washed and cut strawberry slices